Updated 5th January 2021
If your child is looking for some extra challenges during this new lockdown, have a look below at some of the links and activities. You can try them all or one or two that you like the look of! They are just resources I have found that I thought I'd share. I will add more if I find them but won't be updating weekly from now on. Don't forget to check the class pages on the menu too!
If you need any further support, please email me at email@example.com . Parents can also visit Twitter @redhillprimary1.
The Redhill Team
This week's theme is: Back to School!
Winter Mini Reading Challenge: Sign up or log on to find books, collect badges and certificates! The challenge is running online till 15th January 2021:
Epic reading app: Your teacher may have a class code or you can ask an adult to sign you up to read for free.
Pobble 365: https://www.pobble365.com/
Once upon a Picture: https://www.onceuponapicture.co.uk/
IXL Grammar: https://uk.ixl.com/ela/grammar
Nrich games: https://nrich.maths.org/9414
Nrich Daily Problem: https://nrich.maths.org/summer-primary-posters
Nrich games: https://nrich.maths.org/9415
TTRockStars: Play as often as you can to learn your times table facts. https://ttrockstars.com/ You can even send a 'Rockslam' challenge to a friend or a teacher!
This week's book is:
'The Book of Hopes' is a wonderful collection of stories, poems and ideas from many authors like Lauren Child, Anthony Horowitz, Greg James and Chris Smith, Michael Morpurgo, Liz Pichon, Axel Scheffler, Francesca Simon and Jacqueline Wilson. It's dedicated to everyone currently working in hospitals.
Read it for free here: https://literacytrust.org.uk/family-zone/9-12/book-hopes/
- Art: Follow the channel of artist Rob Biddulph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBpgrJijMpk_pyp9uTbxLdg
- PE: Don't forget to log any activity or exercise you do on our Get Set Travel to Tokyo challenge. Just enter our school postcode on the website to find Redhill! https://www.getset.co.uk/travel-tokyo
- Computing: Remind yourself of the SMART rules for e safety here http://www.safetynetkids.org.uk/personal-safety/staying-safe-online/
- History: Take a virtual tour of Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery. Can you find any artefacts for your new topics this year? https://www.birminghammuseums.org.uk/bmag/virtual-tour
- PHSE: Visit Harold's Daily Diary every day for health and wellbeing activities.
- Wellbeing: visit the Childline toolbox to find fun games and activities to help you through lockdown https://www.childline.org.uk/toolbox/